Thursday, July 30, 2009
We will visit, we will write. Atleast there's Skype. But I can't help but feel that it just won't be the same. I am so happy for her family and their new adventure. But for now, I am oh so sad to see her go. Love you, Wen.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
While big sister was at camp, T and I snuck in some special time. Well, let's be honest. Mommy snuck in a lot of internet time, a lot of scrapbooking time, and True got way too much TV time. But one day I made the effort and we enjoyed a date spot that never gets old. REI in Seattle lends a beautiful structure, a fabulous climbing tree for kids, and tasty smoothies at World Wrapps, all which makes for a super happy kid. And Mommy.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
- Allow Dad to sleep in (per Mommy's insistance, oooh, so hard!)
- Treat Dad to his fave, a fried egg sandwhich at the neighborhood diner. We are big egg sammich fans, but because of True's allergies we can't have eggs in the house. So this is an unusual treat. Right up there with PB&Js.
- Treat Dad to a round of Mini Golf, at the nearby "Happy Family Fun Center" (dubbed by True), which is one of those places you will probably never see me. Unless my kids planned it for my husband's birthday.
- Lunch: Dad's choice. I'm sure it will either be A. Another sandwhich, B. A slice of pizza, or C. Dick's burgers. Ewwww. Again, only on E's birthday.
- Home for a nap/uninterupted time with the Xbox while I fend off the kids.
- This is the kicker: For E's birthday, the kids got the idea that they MUST set up an obstacle course. In our back yard. Hmmm.
- Lastly, we will wrap it up in a manner that is as much selfish for me as it is a treat for Ethan. A babysitter. This will get us out of the witching hour, while we dine at La Medusa, and then turn in fat and happy.
No gift, you say? No, no gift. We are big on birthdays around here, and will probably never be the couple that only buys for the kids. But this year, my husband decided to purchase two big-ticket items for himself. On the month of his birthday. In this economy. Thanks, honey. I mean I know it's out of character for you and all, but geesh. So we now have a ping pong table (?!) and a home gym. And so, happy birthday, E. This year, it's mini golf, obstacle course, and dinner. I guess it's original!
Monday, July 20, 2009
I am so blessed to have him. He is just what I need, and God knew it. We're going on nine years married this fall, and while E feels his stomach grumble at the thought of turning 37 this week, I think he is going to ROCK this year! Here's why you're the best, Honey:
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
We began our first garden ever this Spring, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Granted it was the tiniest little plot of land, but I pulled everything out that we'd inherited with the house a couple of years ago, minus this huge rosemary bush that smells oh-so-good, and then tended to the new soil for a couple of weeks before planting our new stash of seeds.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Love you, Sisser.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
This is a darling book I made at a free class at Mad Scrapper in Issaquah last night. I hired a teenaged babysitter to give Ethan and I date night each Wednesday this summer, and I celebrated the first one without him! He didn't seem to mind, he didn't have to rush home and he got an extra gym visit in. So this cute book got my creative juices flowing, and now I have to stock it with some hand-made cards. Hmmm, haven't made any in a while....