Thursday, July 30, 2009

This is not goodbye.

My dearest friend Wendi has moved away. I have spent every single week with her for over six years. Since our babies were chubby, little Cheerio-eaters that couldn't crawl yet, through the foggy first year of Motherhood, we've moved houses, had more babies, enjoyed family nights together, vacations together, shared Bible studies, deepest thoughts, and monthly scrapbooking. I can confide in Wendi with my most private worries, she cries with me, prays for me, laughs with me, and relates to me. I don't know where I'll be now that she's half a country away, and not a three minute drive. I don't know who I'll be without getting a love-fix from her amazing kids, and without our families enjoying the weekends together. I know and love her kids like they are my family, and while her newborn son is only two weeks old, I held him every hour I could before he moved to place where I won't hear his first words, see his first steps, and I won't know his little idiosyncracies.
We will visit, we will write. Atleast there's Skype. But I can't help but feel that it just won't be the same. I am so happy for her family and their new adventure. But for now, I am oh so sad to see her go. Love you, Wen.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

oh here I sit with tears in my eyes wishing I could be there to give you a HUGE hug. I remember our farewell like it was yesterday when you and Wen saw me off at the airport. Struggling to get the kids on the airplane while wiping tears away. Knowing in my heart that it is never goodbye...just till we see each other again. LOVE YOU!